The Sales Development Representative is responsible for finding and connecting the sales and BD teams with the right leads and business opportunities through both inbound and outbound activities. The work revolves around generating and qualifying new leads and moving them through the sales pipeline, until they’re ready to talk to sales/BD teams. The right candidate will be one who thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with prospects, works well under pressure, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Represent penny system starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Utilize digital channels, cold calling, email campaigns and other possible tools to generate new leads.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and set up meetings or calls between them and the sales/BD executives when a lead reaches a qualified stage.
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or business.
- Have 2+ years of lead qualification and sales experience (IT Sales to enterprise – SaaS experience is highly preferred).
- Have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills.
- Fearlessness – willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day and explain Penny value proposition as it relates to each individual you speak with.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic.
- Have creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Have strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization.
- Have ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience with CRM applications (preferred).