penny is a cloud-based Procure-To-Pay system. penny helps companies digitize and manage their full procurement cycle from request to approval. We have a B2B marketplace which allows our customers to source new products and suppliers in construction industry. Aiming to simply trade in construction industry, where the fragmented products / categories are a challenge, we are on a mission to bring efficiency through innovation.
We at penny are looking for talented Sales Development Managers to be part of the Business team.
Job Title – Sales Development Manager (penny marketplace)
The Sales Development Manager is responsible to drive sales on the B2B marketplace platform for Penny. Role primarily involves hunting prospective buyers, shortlisting leads and converting them into Penny Souq customer. The right candidate will be one who thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with prospects, works well under pressure, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
● Identifies current and future customers’ procurement requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers
● Maintains healthy relationship with the customers
● Drive closure of customer contracts, onboarding & training
● Establishes new accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedules
● Gains customer acceptance by convincing through data driven approach
● Prepares sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and market trends
● Contributes to sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-term issues that must be addressed
● Ensure the completion of the procurement cycle from RFQ to PO.
● Ensure successful follow through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application.
You’ll fit right in if:
● 5+ years of experience in Account Management, Sales Management, Procurement management or similar roles
● Experience in construction procurement industry is a Plus
● Understanding of local market and supply landscape
● 2+ years of experience in E-Commerce / technology is a plus
● Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence others
● Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
● Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
● Passionate about technology driven startups and proven Ability to work in fast paced organization
● Able to travel to meet clients as necessary
● Excellent Arabic and English speaking skills